About the Role
• Screening and assessment of individuals interested in services
• Review of clinical information and other relevant documentation about the individual's treatment and life experiences
• Collaborating with other professionals as needed when Consents for Release of Information have been signed
• Providing Individual and Group therapy sessions to help individuals develop healthy, positive coping skills to manage their addiction issues
• Supporting family members and/or significant others in living with an individual who is struggling with addiction issues
• Developing and updating treatment and recovery plans in collaboration with the individuals receiving services, as a way of staying focused in the therapeutic process
• Monitoring, evaluating, and documenting the progress of the individuals with whom the counselor is working, toward treatment and recovery plan goals
• Providing educational resources as well as case management and advocacy as needed to support an ongoing recovery environment
• Participating in continuing education to promote professional growth and development, including the use of evidence-based practices
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations around a variety of issues, including but not limited to HIPAA, confidentiality, and risk management
• Identifying opportunities for Continuous Quality Improvement and Programmatic excellence
• Referring individuals receiving services, their family members and/or significant others, to other community resources as needed
BA in counseling. (Master's degree in counseling preferred)
License or Certification in counseling (LPC, LCSW, CIT, CAC, etc)
Previous experience with the treatment of substance abuse disorders.
Experience with co-occurring health and mental health problems.
Application of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services’ (SAMHSA) best practice indicators.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and a compassionate nature
About the Company
With over 50 years of combined experience, our team of licensed healthcare professionals have provided support for both adults and children in the state of Louisiana and Georgia, aiding them in becoming their best selves.
Kingdom Expressions is a place for healing and restoration. A place where you can come for the answers and support to life's most complicated situations and circumstances. Our teams are interested in the holistic health of the community in which we live and serve.